Erasmus in Schools (EiS) is the flagship project of ESN for 2013. Within the framework of SocialErasmus the project aims to promote mobility at an early age. Our local sections organise visits to elementary and secondary schools so that our exchange students can do a wide range of activities that include country and culture presentations, language sessions and mobility promoting activities.
- improve intercultural communication
- introduce the European dimension into education by making students more aware of similarities and differences in Europe
- familiarize Erasmus students and EVS volunteers with the Finnish culture and schooling system - add meaning to the Erasmus experience of the Erasmus students
- give Erasmus students and EVS volunteers a chance to present their home country - give Finnish students a chance to get to know other countries from a different perspective
- increase Finnish students knowledge on EU's exchange programs
- encourage Finnish students to study abroad
If you are interested in visiting Finnish schools to meet with Finnish students and present your own country, follow the link below for instructions on how to sign-up.
And if you are still not sure about doing this unique experience or not, have a look at the video! It might make it easier to decide...
[video:http://vimeo.com/74588819 width:600 height:500 align:middle]